This Inside Rental Coordinator serves as an inside sales person for the Cat Rental Store (CRS). This position handles transactions for customers over the phone and in person. The Rental Coordinator plays a critical role in ensuring customer satisfaction and maximizing machine utilization within the designated trade area.
Blanchard Machinery Company is committed to fostering a high-performance work culture with challenging work opportunities that inspire high quality results. Some of the benefits of joining our team are:
·Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, generous PTO and paid holidays, uniforms, and much more.
·Exposure to world-class CAT training and development.
·A friendly and supportive work environment.
·Continuous exposure to learning and new technologies
·Opportunities for advancement
What you will do:
- Supports and builds strong relationships with co-workers to include: Outside Sales Team and Product Support Staff.
- Builds strong relationships with customers focusing on long term mutual growth and being a dependable partner.
- Rent equipment or arrange for provision of service to customer.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly checks.
- Prepare rental forms and contracts; obtain customer signature and other information as required.
- Maintain daily and monthly contract file.
- Compute charges based on rental or service rate.
- Explain rental fees and provide information about rented items, such as basic operation or description.
- Collect deposit or payment or record credit charges by maintaining customer charge file daily and balancing daily sales receipts.
- Answer telephone and receive orders by phone; maintain required phone logs.
- Recommend items to customers that meet their needs. Discuss customer needs, suggesting and recommending the most suitable and safe equipment for the application.
- Promote add-on rental equipment for appropriate application
.Act as a resource of information to customers concerning related equipment and services available in the local market area.
- Ask questions about delivery conditions such as dock heights, narrow streets, etc.; notify customers immediately if there are any delivery delays.
- Achieve rental operational goals including: CRM, invoice accuracy, assigned training Benchmarks – CRM Goals, Invoice accuracy, complete assigned training.
- Reserve items for requested time and maintain rental reservation list.
- Update/call overdue list daily and alert supervisor of overdue contracts.
- Clean showroom and equipment. Arrange showroom displays. Keep shelves organized, stocked and clean.
- Resolve customer problems and invoicing problems.
- Keep current on knowledge of competitive pricing and trends.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations, as well as store security and report safety violations to supervisor.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Previous rental experience preferred. Demonstrated knowledge coupled with relevant work experience will be considered.
- Positive, solutions oriented mindset coupled with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, management and customers in a positive, professional and effective way.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar industry, equipment, basic mechanics, and the local market preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Ability to use in-house computer systems – with training.
- Must understand and be able to effectively communicate equipment applications and key performance specifications.
- Strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of usage and application of all rental equipment and services offered.
- Thorough knowledge of “common” equipment failure problems and how to resolve them.
- Must recognize the difference between similar products and the advantages/disadvantages of particular applications.
- Must have working knowledge of construction phases to properly advise on applications.
- Must possess sales and customer relation skills. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential to the success of this position.
- High energy, excellent self-motivation and work ethic.
- Possess an unwavering commitment to service excellence.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work primarily inside but will also require some work outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Position requires employee to e physically present on job site.
- Required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to injury and/or hazardous materials.
- Job requires standing, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, lifting.
- Seeing, reading, and writing to complete job responsibilities.
- Use of computer and other forms of technology to complete job responsibilities.
Main point of contact for the position is Ana Lemley - 843-200-8033